Thursday, February 19, 2009

How Much Tempeh Could a Woodchuck Chuck?


Sometimes it must seem like all I eat is Tempeh.
It's a good way to get a ton of protein and I really like the Texture.
Red Quinoa with Peppers and Corn.
sautéed Carrots and Kale.
Fried Tempeh with Chimichurri.
Everyone really should make Chimichurri.
After making it one time I was hooked, the vinegar and fresh herbs and the subtle red pepper kick is simply amazing.
Chimichurri Recipe.
1 bunch Italian flat leaf Parsley.
1/2 bunch Cilantro.
1 cup Olive Oil.
1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 Lemon's juice.
4-5 Garlic cloves.
1-1 1/2 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper.
(I like it a little spicier so I go more like 1 1/2 Tbsp.)
Salt and Pepper to taste.
You can use this on virtually anything. We ate it with Yucca Fries, Tofu, Potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. I am new to Brooklyn and was looking for places that sell tempeh when this came up. If you don't mind me asking, where do you buy good, fresh tempeh (no space to make it myself) and for that matter where do you get quinoa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am starting to make tempeh in the park slope area. have a couple of names registered keep your eye out for them
    "grown in brooklyn.com
    "actglobally eat locally.com
    i sprout everything (including rice), make amazake and essene bread and coconut yogurt
    coming soon

    ReplyDelete